Denver has more high tech startups per capita than most other U.S. cities. What does Denver have that the others don’t?
Try these attractive urban attributes:
- A highly educated and extremely talented native community of committed professionals. 53 percent of the total population have a bachelor’s degree.
- An outdoorsy yet cultural community surrounded by the magnificent Rocky Mountains. Old ghost towns, weird rock formations and fun in the snow with unbeatable views are there to welcome skilled workers from across the nation. Colorado is the most popular relocation destination in the US for skilled workers ages 25 to 45.
- Startup capital is available for high tech companies.
- Other large technical companies are already located in Denver. These include IBM, Oracle and Lockheed-Martin.
- Excellent infrastructure exists for startups. CenturyLink Denver has reasonable and reliable internet bundles to suit small company needs.
Which high tech startups are taking advantage of Denver’s assets?
Sympoz offers 600 classes on crafts. You can work on perfecting your skills in the craft of your choice online anytime. Take online classes in quilting, knitting, cake decorating, art, photography, cooking and more, taught by the world’s finest instructors. Easy-to-follow HD video lessons are yours via your computer or mobile device, anywhere and anytime.
Datalogix was a startup recently purchased by software giant Oracle. On December 22, 2014 Oracle announced their agreement to purchase the company for use with Oracle Data Cloud. The intent is to provide solutions in data-driven marketing. Datalogix provides insights into the dynamics of over $2 trillion in consumer spending. Oracle Data Cloud will use Datalogix technology to provide a deep understanding of consumer behavior.
SendGrid is an API company serving software developers. They help facilitate integration of email into any environment. Sending email with SMTP or HTTP is no problem. You can use SendGrid’s official client libraries, too. It’s so easy to use that in just a few minutes you’ll be sending your first email.
Ping Identity offers PingOne, a cloud-based single sign-on that will support all your users. With secure SSO, they can access any web application with just one username and one password. It’s hassle free. You can also provide single-click access to SaaS and legacy applications. Integration with your existing identity stores is easy as is managing your users.
Rally Software helps businesses cope with disruption by empowering their agility. Anticipating market shifts with disciplined exploration is their methodology for making their clients more successful. Agility is the key to maintaining a competitive edge.